Banner designed by Marianne Coye - Leisure Lane

Monday 13 February 2012

New Challenge - Entrelac

I have been looking at a shawl using Entrelac, however this is a knitting skill I have never tried. I decided I needed something easier to start with. While surfing the net trying to find out how to do it I came across these instructions Entrelac - Beyond Basics . It is from Knitting Daily. They recommend The Basic Entrelac Scarf, which is a free pattern.  So far so good. As it happened my nephew needs a scarf so I cornered him and showed him a selection of Noro Kochoran yarn and he picked the colour he liked. No. 75 - black/grey/browns/with a hint of lime and pine green. Mum says it is a very boy's colour. Noro is 50% wool, 30% Angora and 20% Silk so it should be lovely to knit. 
Ok so I have the pattern, instructions and the yarn decided and ordered. Next stage is to knit it. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, can't wait to see the final product. Sounds lovely.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete