Banner designed by Marianne Coye - Leisure Lane

Friday 3 February 2012

It is finished

The Kayte's Wedding Shawl
 I have finished Kayte's wedding shawl and I am very pleased with how it came out. I love the beads she choose. They are so fine and hardly add any weight to the shawl.

I gave her the shawl on Monday and as it happened her wedding dress had also turned up the week before so she put the dress on and tried the shawl with it. The colour was a perfect match. I was a bit worried that the shawl was too big but she it a lot taller than me and she was pleased with the length. I will now have to wait until June for a photo of her wearing the shawl.  

The whole shawl

1 comment:

  1. Christine, the shawl is beautiful!! How did you ever knit the beads on. The shawl looks so delicate and fairy light...you are truly an artist.

    I look forward to seeing the bride in her dress and shawl.

    Enjoy the day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete