Banner designed by Marianne Coye - Leisure Lane

Friday 17 February 2012

Entrelac Scarf

The start
So far so good I have started Joshua's scarf. The instructions are very clear and once I got into it fairly easy to remember. It is only the triangles at the ends which I have to check how to make each time. I have found when you make 8 stitches down the side of each rectangle it is better to leave a bigger gap at the beginning than at the end but I had to always put the last stitch were the 2 rectangles meet in the row underneath otherwise I had a small hole there. 

The other problem I seem to have is occasionally the last row and the one I am doing are the same colour so if I leave of in the middle of a row I have to really think which way am I going. The yarn id lovely to work with and seems to knit hard when you have finished a shape but when you go back and feel my knitting it seems to be softer.

1 comment:

  1. What a spectacular pattern, though, admittedly, I had to look up what Entrelac is, exactly. The colors which your nephew chose are perfect. I really like the green accenting the variegated charcoals and browns. He's going to love this scarf!

    In the near future, I'd like to feature your blog on one of my "A Little Something Extra". It's a feature I just started where I occasionally add a an extra tidbit to one of my posts.

    Enjoy the day, Christine,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete