Banner designed by Marianne Coye - Leisure Lane

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Starts

Top - cashmere. Bottom - Cashmere/silk
The start.

 

I started Kayte's wedding shawl yesterday. She decided on the pure cashmere yarn from Loophole and little pearl like seed beads. I can't believe how soft the yarn is to use and I am pleased the way it is turning out so delicate. Just perfect. The weather is wet and windy at the moment so hopefully I will get quite a bit done before Christmas starts.

Last week I started a scarf from some left over yarn I used for a jacket. It is one of those things you can knit and talk, perfect to do while watching the TV at Christmas. It has a leaf pattern around the edge which I found in a pattern book.

3 comments:

  1. The wedding shawl looks so beautiful, Christine...it reminds me of something the spiders would weave for a fairy bride with dew drop 'pearls'. I can imagine how soft the cashmere must be.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You have such a talent Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne what a lovely way of describing the shawl, it fits it perfectly.

    Terry thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete